As of January 8, 2021, you need to contact your lender about applying for PPP2 [Paycheck Protection Program] funds.
We gathered this information from various sources*, so please check with your accountant or lawyer for confirmation or clarification of the following information.
Important Information regarding PPP2 funds:
- If you didn’t get PPP1, you are still able to get PPP2 funding.
- PPP2 is only available to organizations with under 300 employees (dropped from 500).
- You must have used all your PPP1 funds (if you received them).
- You will need to show a 25% reduction in at least one quarter of 2020 compared to 2019.
- 501(c)(3) can be split. For example, a church and school under the same 501(c)(3).
- The last day to apply currently is March 31, 2021. (As with PPP1 this will most likely move).
- If you’re using the same lender, you can use the same documentation as submitted for PPP1. You will need to check with your lender as additional information may be requested.
- There is a new application for loans under $150K (yet to be released).
- Forgiveness for PPP2 funds will be the same as PPP1, but additional guidelines will be forthcoming.
- You must use at least 60% of the loan for payroll costs (employer-paid amounts only) within 8-24 weeks of receiving a loan or there will be a reduction in forgiveness.
- Payroll costs include compensation, wages, group health insurance, housing allowance, state and local taxes, as well as paid sick leave.
- You can use the other 40% on:
- Covered operational expenditures: Payment for any software, cloud computing, and other human resources and accounting needs.
- Covered property damage: If it relates to public disturbances that occurred in 2020 and were not covered by insurance.
- Covered worker protection expenditures: PPE [personal protective equipment] and adaptive equipment/investments to help a loan recipient comply with federal health and safety guidelines or equivalent state and local guidance related to COVID-19 during 3/1/2020 until the end of the national emergency declaration.
Download your quick checklist to ensure you follow the needed steps for getting PPP2 funds!
Please bookmark ministry.acst.com or sign up for our blogs as we continue to provide you with the most up-to-date information and resources to help your team and church continue thriving during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.