Since most of us are working from home now, our meetings and services have become virtual. It can be tough to find an area in your home presentable for meetings. Zoom has a cool feature that allows you to change the virtual backgrounds of your meeting. They offer stock images that you can choose from or you can even add your own image. This video explains how the virtual backgrounds work.
We’ve created several faith-based virtual backgrounds that you can use for your meetings or church services. There are also places online, such as Quest Events, where you can download backgrounds to use.
Here’s how to use the backgrounds:
1) Sign in to Zoom.
2) Click your profile picture.
3) Click Settings.
4) Select the option for Virtual Background.
5) Select that you have a physical green screen set up if you have one; then choose the correct green color. (Don’t worry if you don’t have a physical green screen. Any solid colored wall or backdrop behind you will work.)
6) Select the image that you want to use for the virtual backgrounds or select to upload your own image.
*You may be prompted to download the virtual background package. You’ll simply select Download. This will only have to be done once.
Tips: Make sure you are recording in front of a solid-colored backdrop or green screen so the background image will display properly. And if you need to disable the virtual backgrounds, choose None.
To enable the background during the meeting or service:
1) Click on the ^ arrow next to the start/stop option.
2) Select Choose a Virtual Background.
3) Choose the image you would like to use or upload your own image.
If you have questions about how to add the virtual background to Zoom, you can contact their support department by entering a request here.